Insights into developing kW-Field: Version 2.0
Well we came on the map this past summer with our Version 1.0 and we were able to get kW-Field in the hands of a good number of customers. As we started to receive feedback and general comments, we realize the limitations of the software and have created a Version 2.0. We will be posting this to our website in a couple of days, so please stay tuned…
In the meantime, we were able to draw some major insights from our customers as to some of the major pains that they face. I thought it may be helpful to share those pains with you all. Perhaps you agree?
- Building audits and assessments are usually done in teams (many times you have multiple people looking at lighting and mechanicals…depending on how detailed you want to get, you could throw in there building envelope also)…it is important to be able to share information on-site, so SaaS models are tough if not thought through well
- Many people are used to working with templates that they have been using for YEARS! (Don’t worry, we are already addressing this and will be included in our Version 3.0 later this summer)
- We have seen a range of our customers get floorplans/mechanical or electrical diagrams ahead of time (never to 75% of the time)…still haven’t found one person who always gets them
- Our larger customers face problems of collecting consistent information across various sub-contractors. Think about it. If I am trying to compare two projects based off of a different data set and methodology in that data, how comparable can it be?
- Every auditor conducts an assessment their own way (and it is right!). Being flexible is the secret sauce…
- There is an unbelievable need for auditors, but there is a massive shortage. Training is a valuable piece of this industry and we are looking for ways that we can help our customers.
- Most of our customers are our customers because they see our software as a way for them to spend the majority of their time on the parts of the assessment that matters: the analysis.
While we certainly appreciate that our great customer have a tremendous amount of experience, but so do we. As a matter of fact, we have amazing engineering AND software talent. Our commercial energy auditing software is truly one-of-a-kind. kW-Field is the gateway to data consistency, training, flexibility and overall efficiency within your organization. Stay tuned for kW-Connect…we will be unveiling it soon…